Aaron Herreras Szot helps clients who are facing a wide range of employment discrimination matters navigate all phases of litigation before administrative bodies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board (“MSPB”). Aaron’s practice is particularly focused on disability discrimination, including failure to accommodate cases and disability retirement.
Aaron joined KCNF in January 2016. She received her education at the University of Chicago (B.A., 2010) and the George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2015), where she was the Executive Editor for The Federal Circuit Bar Journal, a Member of the GW Moot Court Board and the GW Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. Aaron was awarded the Ogden W. Fields Labor Law Award for the highest overall proficiency in labor law.
At the George Washington University Law School, Aaron focused her studies on labor and employment law. While in law school, she interned at the American Federation of Government Employees, working on employment discrimination cases for federal sector employees. She also interned at the National Labor Relations Board in the Appellate and Supreme Court Litigation Branch, assisting on cases concerning unfair labor practice charges filed by Employers, Unions, and individuals.
Previously, Aaron worked as a case manager at Bergmann & Moore, LLC in Bethesda, Maryland where she handled veteran’s disability claims at all levels of the VA administrative process.
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice before multiple courts including: District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Court of Appeals of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA), Member and Diversity Committee Co-Chair
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA), Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Group
- Security Clearance Lawyers Association, Member
- Contributor, Security Clearance Law and Procedure, Dewey Publications Inc., 5th Ed., 2021
- ABA’s Federal Sector Labor & Employment Law Committee Midyear Meeting, Presenter, “ADA/Rehabilitation Act Update,” April 2023
- GovExec Daily: Marijuana May Still Be a Problem for Security Clearances
- Harvard Business Review: Leaders to Learn From
Awards and Recognitions:
- Ogden W. Fields Labor Law Award