Elisabeth (Lisa) Baker-Pham advocates for employees in matters relating to discrimination and retaliation, discipline, security clearance adjudication, and whistleblower protections.
Lisa is co-chair of KCNF’s security clearance practice, advising applicants through the clearance process and representing federal employees and contractors whose clearances have been threatened or suspended, or whose suitability for federal employment has been challenged. Lisa contributed to the firm’s most recent edition of its long-running book, Security Clearance Law and Procedure.
Before moving to D.C., Lisa was the Acting Director of the Office of Labor Relations for the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, where she previously served as labor and employment counsel. She provided daily guidance regarding a wide range of labor and employment matters with a focus on proactive compliance and appeared in administrative fora in matters relating to claims of discrimination and the state’s civil service laws. Lisa began her career as an intern with the same agency while focusing her law school studies on the areas of labor and employment law.
Lisa received her education at the University of North Florida (B.A. in Sociology) and New England School of Law (J.D.). In law school, Lisa served as the Managing Editor of the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement.
- District of Columbia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA), Member
- National LGBT Bar Association, Membership Committee
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Subcommittee on the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA), Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Security Clearance Lawyers Association, Member
- Contributor, Security Clearance Law and Procedure, Dewey Publications Inc., 5th Ed., 2021
- Author, The Right Not to Remain Silent: The Importance of Requesting a Hearing at DOHA, ClearanceJobs, Feb. 1, 2023.
- Author, HoHoNo: 5 Common Holiday Mistakes on the Clearance Naughty List, ClearanceJobs, Dec. 21, 2022.
- Co-Author, Analytical Conflict Transformation: Teaching for Peace in Sociology, in Conflict Resolution and Peace Education: Transformations Across Disciplines 33-61 (Candice C. Carter ed., 2010)