George M. Chuzi represents both private and federal sector employees in court, as well as before the EEOC, the Office of Special Counsel, and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB). He has been named to Washington, D.C.’s “Super Lawyers” list, and is one of the District’s “Top Lawyers”, in the Employment area.
George has also been granted Martindale-Hubbell’s coveted “AV Preeminent” rating, its highest rating, for the past 20 years. He joined KCNF in 1978 and has been a partner since 1982.
George was lead counsel in Katz v. Dole, 709 F.2d 251 (4th Cir. 1983), one of the first cases holding a federal agency liable for sexual harassment through language and, most recently, was lead counsel in Lal v. MSPB, 821 F.3d 1376 (Fed. Cir. 2016), which for the first time held that Title 42 employees of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services had the right to appeal adverse actions to the MSPB.
George attended Queens College of the City University of New York, graduating in 1966 with a degree in History and Political Science. After college, George joined the Peace Corps and served in Nigeria. When he returned, he taught Junior High School and High School before joining the federal government as an EEO Specialist.
He attended the Georgetown Law Center, graduating cum laude in 1980.
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice before multiple courts including: the U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. District Court, District of Columbia; U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia; U.S. Court of Federal Claims; U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA), Member
- Sexual Harassment: Federal Law (Dewey Pub. 1997), with Ernest Hadley
Awards and Recognitions
- Included in Best Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America® for Employment Law – Individuals in 2022 and 2023
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Recognized by Super Lawyers since 2010