Puja Gupta regularly represents clients in employment-related litigation, including in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation suits; Family Medical Leave Act and ADA litigation; state and federal wage and hour law violations; wrongful discharge claims; and in administrative charges. She represents public and private-sector employees and appears before the EEOC, MSPB, and various local, state, and federal agencies.
Puja also represents clients in matters involving executive compensation and employment agreements. Puja has successfully represented clients in litigation involving trade secrets act laws and violations of non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and non-compete agreements.
She has secured settlement awards on behalf of municipal and government employees in difficult cases, and she has helped individuals obtain favorable jury verdicts involving constitutional and civil rights.
Puja received her B.A. from the University of Maryland, College Park with University Honors and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law, where she was awarded the William P. Cunningham Award for Exceptional Achievement and Service. While attending the University of Maryland School of Law, Puja served as Symposium Articles Editor for the Journal of Business & Technology Law and as an Asper Fellow for former U.S. Magistrate Judge (current U.S. District Judge) Paul W. Grimm. Puja was a recipient of the William Donald Schaefer Scholarship.
Puja was recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2017 (in Maryland) and in 2018 (in D.C.)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- D.C. Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section; Labor and Employment Law Section; Federal Sector Labor and Employment Law Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers’ Association
Pro Bono Activities
- University of Maryland School of Law Alumni Board (2016-2019)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Advice and Referral Clinic, Pro Bono Attorney and Employment Law Mentor