Attorney with litigation experience
Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C. (KCNF) has been representing clients in the U.S. and around the world in the most sensitive and complex employment law matters for more than 48 years. KCNF’s attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of employees in the workplace and have dedicated their careers to doing so.
KCNF is seeking to add an EXPERIENCED attorney with litigation experience – a minimum of 5 years’ experience is preferred. EMPLOYMENT LAW EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. The attorney will handle federal sector EEOC and MSPB matters, sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation, whistleblower defense, employee discipline, contracts, and other employment-related matters. Responsibilities will include all aspects of negotiations, discovery, settlement, hearing, and trial. The attorney will work directly with clients and other attorneys in the firm, both independently and in a team environment.
Candidates must be motivated and possess the ability to work well on a team, but also be energetic self-starters with initiative. The position requires outstanding research and writing skills, the ability to communicate effectively, a creative approach to litigation, and a commitment to social justice. NO telephone calls. Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, transcript, and independent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation is competitive and benefits, including fully paid health care and a 401k plan, are extensive. While recognizing that we are litigators, KCNF emphasizes work-life balance.
KCNF is seeking a talented and experienced paralegal. This position would provide support to a diverse group of attorneys handling cases involving security clearances, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, discipline, whistleblowers, and reasonable accommodation.
- Assist attorneys in managing cases from inception through closure
- Acting as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information
- Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems
- Coordinating the collection, review, and production of documents
- Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders, and appearances for depositions and court filings
- Summarize deposition and trial transcripts
- Research case-related issues
- Work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Three or more years of directly related experience
- Experience drafting, cite-checking, and correcting legal briefs (trial and appellate)
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be familiar with using the Blue Book
- Excellent editing, writing, legal citation, and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents, and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience preparing for trial, hearings, depositions
- Document preparation to include but not limited to editing, reviewing, organizing, proofreading, and assembling documents
- Proficient with all aspects of discovery, drafting pleadings, and e-filing with Courts
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient with Office 365, Excel, and PDFs
- Mastering new technology
- Ability to work collaboratively in team situations
- Ability to work and communicate well with clients, attorneys, judges, and other specialists within the community
- Excellent people skills with a positive, professional demeanor and a strong client service focus
KCNF offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a generous paid time off program.
If you are interested in joining a collegial team of professionals, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. NO phone calls, please.