Response to COVID-19
and Our Steadfast Commitment to Our Clients
As COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) continues to cause concern around the globe, I want to share what Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch (KCNF) is doing in response to this public health situation.
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our people and their families, our clients, and the communities in which we live and work. Please be assured that while we remain focused on the health and safety of our professionals and those around us, we also are determined to remain available to serve our clients throughout this challenging time, despite travel restrictions, government orders, and other challenges that impact traditional ways of doing business.
Due to this rapidly evolving situation, we have taken steps to ensure we can continue to deliver the level of excellence and timeliness to which you are accustomed:
- KCNF has long been committed to a flexible work environment, and we have the technological, cultural, and operational infrastructure for our professionals to work remotely and continue to serve our clients from anywhere.
- We are continuously monitoring the evolution of COVID-19.
- We are following all recommendations from the World Health Organization (“WHO”), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), and local authorities.
- We have put in place measures that help ensure both safety for our people and business continuity for our clients.
- We are continuing to develop and share information and guidance with our employees so they are fully informed on how to protect themselves, their families, and their clients against the spread of the illness.
As a proactive measure to restrict the spread of COVID-19, KCNF is temporarily implementing a remote work policy for all our employees, effective March 17, 2020, until further notice. We will utilize call forwarding to receive your calls in our home offices. Please call KCNF employees using their direct dial numbers or the dial-by-name directory from our main office line, 202-331-9260. When we call you, because our calls will not be coming from the office, they may look different on your caller ID during this time.
All client meetings will be conducted via phone or video conference.
While a member of our professional staff will visit the office daily to receive mail and packages, we strongly encourage all our clients to submit documents to us electronically to the extent possible. If you are not already using your SECURE SHARESPACE, where documents can easily be uploaded and downloaded, let us know, and we will be happy to set it up for you.
Deadlines may need to be extended depending on various factors (availability of government employees, travel restrictions, etc.), but please be assured we will continue to diligently work on and monitor your case and move it forward as expeditiously as possible.
As we continue to navigate this period of uncertainty, I hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy. It is in such times that we are reminded we all have a role to play in this evolving situation and we at KCNF will do our part. We are committed to making a difference for you and are grateful for your confidence in KCNF as we guide you forward.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, and do not hesitate to contact me directly at 202-331-0165 if you have any concerns.
Elaine L. Fitch